During a demolition or construction process of a project, it is a requirement that you complete a detailed plan involving management of waste. Lack of this plan can lead to prosecution where you can be charged hefty fines. Therefore individuals and companies should have the required knowledge about these plans before commencing their projects.
Benefits of using SWMP by rubbishremovalbrisbaneqld.com.au/
- Improve on the profitability and efficiency: this plan encourages the use of recycling, reusing and recovery techniques instead of disposing waste.
- Fly-tipping is reduced: this is done by maintaining a complete audit of trash removed from the sites and observing the stipulated care regulations dealing with waste duty.
- Environmental awareness is increased in the management and workforce: training on environmental education is done to improve on workers awareness in their responsibilities hence reduce environmental pollution.
Waste actions covered in SWMP.
Generally, there are four methods incorporated in handling wastes which are also contained in waste hierarchy. They include:
- Recover: during demolition works, bricks can be recovered and re-sold after they are cleaned. Non-ferrous metals and mercury can also be recovered.
- Recycle: some materials recovered from demolition can be turned into useful recycled aggregate and then used in roads.
- Reuse: materials that did not break during demolition can be used in other similar projects.
- Dispose: this is the final option which is done to any waste that cannot be recovered, recycled or even re-used.
Working of the SWMP
A SWMP is formulated before the actual construction process begins. However, it can be prepared even if you had started your project without it. It contains an estimate of the various types of trash that is likely to be generated during the construction process. The amount of every waste type is also stipulated in it. Once the project commences, every time trash is carried away from the site; its quantity and type is recorded. Reports are then prepared to ensure that the waste is controlled in the most profitable and effective way available.